Description of Iron Casting:
Cast iron is derived from pig iron, and while it usually refers to gray iron, it also identifies a large group of ferrous alloys which solidify with a eutectic. The colour of a fractured surface can be used to identify an alloy. White cast iron is named after its white surface when fractured, due to its carbide impurities which allow cracks to pass straight through. Grey cast iron is named after its grey fractured surface, which occurs because the graphitic flakes deflect a passing crack and initiate countless new cracks as the material breaks.
The iron casting is an alloy of iron and carbon in which the carbon is in excess of the amount that can be retained in solid solution in austenite at the eutectic temperature, In addition, silicon, manganese, sulphur and phosphorus are contained in varying amounts.
Iron casting are a family of ferrous metals with a wide range of properties produced by being cast into shape as opposed by being formed,other elements are used to control specific properties, cast irons have a wide range of mechanical properties which make them suitable for use in engineering components. The wide spread use of cast iron is as a result of its low cost and versatile properties.
1. Transfer known foundry technology into member operations.
2. Develop new technical knowledge or processes for use by the members.
3. Assist members in solving specific foundry problems in a consulting capacity.
4. Develop programs which will serve to educate technical and operating personnel employed by the members.
5. Function as an extension of each member's staff when dealing with customer problems.
Business Scope: Metal Casting - Lost Wax Casting in China, Die Casting in China, Stainless Steel Casting in China, Iron Casting in China, Casting and Machining in China, Low Pressure Casting in China.